“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, October 05, 2006

My sisters

The thing is, I have always been a little goofy. It started at a very young age. I found out that I could always come up with something to make my sisters laugh which was very powerful. Since when they were laughing, they usually wouldn't kick my ass. That's right, I grew with three older sisters that used to tease me until I got so mad, I go after them throwing windmill punches. Sometimes, I'd land a blow or two, but then they would easily gain the advantage and beat me up until they got tired or bored.

I'm not telling you this because I am bitter or resentful. In fact the opposite is true. I dearly love my sisters and I can still make them laugh. The reason for this little story is that I have been thinking about my siblings a great deal lately. They live in three separate states and I don't see them very frequently. But when I do, it was like we had just seen each other yesterday.

What is it with siblings? What binds us so tightly? Despite all the pain we inflicted upon each other growing up, we still love our siblings more than anyone else. Yes, even more than our parents. At least that is the way I feel.

The real point of this story is to encourage you to call your siblings and have a little chat. Nothing major, just reach out and talk to them. Why? Because it will make you feel better. Even if you think you don't have a care in the world, there is nothing like having the kind of conversation that you can only have with your siblings.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "My sisters"

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (3:31 PM) : 

I believe the link with our siblings is that we share the same history. We know all the same stories, heard all the boring stuff from our parents, experienced the same schools etc. etc. etc. It brings you all very very close.

 

post a comment