“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, September 21, 2006

First thing on my mind

Since I can't get cable at my house, I have Dish Network. They are running the most ridiculus commercial I have ever seen. It shows houses destroyed by Hurricane Wilma. The voice over is a woman saying how isolating it is to be without television when a hurricane blows the roof off your house. But never fear, Dish Network was there the very next day to get her hooked up.

Fan-freaking-tastic, now whe would be able to sit in the comfort of her own living room under the stars. But she wouldn't miss a second of American Idol. Wonder how long it took the roofers to show up. Not making fun of her, if she actually is a person. But holy crap, how about some perspective? Is television all that important? Apparently, it is.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "First thing on my mind"

 

Blogger Jane Doe said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Good grief! What a stupid commercial. But, I guess to some people, missing American Idol is just about the worst thing that could happen. Welcome to America.

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (9:16 PM) : 

Thanks for stopping by.

 

post a comment