“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Friday, September 08, 2006

Dude, I got a Dell

That's right, I finally got a new laptop to replace Ole Blue. Ole Blue was a piece of shit Toshiba laptop with no balls and a shitty keyboard. Don't get me wrong, Ole Blue served a purpose, I used it for almost two years. I bought it because it cost $599. Have I mentioned, I am a cheap bastard? I'm sure I have. Sometimes that's a good thing, but in this case I should have followed my instincts.

After working on a Dell laptop for five years, I had grown accustomed to the feel of Dell keyboards. When I left my job, I had to leave my beloved laptop behind. When I was looking for a laptop to replace my company supplied unit, I looked at Dell's first, but the cheapest I could find was over $1,000. Not in my price range. Did I happen to tell you that I am a cheap bastard.

So, I settled in on Ole Blue. It turned out to be functional, but not enjoyable. I made it work for a long time. In fact, most of this blog was written on Ole Blue. But now, I have a brand spanking new (used) Dell laptop. This baby is so hot, I tell ya. The keys are all in the right place. My fingers are gracefully stroking the keyboard. The words are all coming out in the right order. As obnoxious as that Dell guy was, I still feel like ... like ... I'm home again.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Dude, I got a Dell"

 

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said ... (11:23 PM) : 

I prefer the comfort of a noisey HP. Congrats on your Dell. I guess we're creatures of habit, or is it comfort?

 

post a comment