“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Friday, August 25, 2006

My toe hurts

Let me tell you, getting old sucks, The big toe on my right foot has been under attack this whole week. More and more frequently, my primary digit on my large foot is subject to swelling and dull, aching pain. Although I have never been diagnosed, I am pretty sure that it is the first signs of arthritis. All my joints are getting creaking, but my big toe is killing me.

That's right, I said my large foot. One of my freakish physical attributes is that my right foot is a full size larger than my left foot. For most of my life, I have never been willing to shell out money for two pairs of shoes to compensated for this oddity. The result of being such a cheap bastard my short foot would slide around in my shoe. One of the reasons I am so weird may be that I spent the first forty years literally tripping through life. Thank {insert diety of your choice or n/a for atheists} for Nordstorms. A little over two years ago, I found out that they will sell you two different size shoes for the same price as a matched pair. It's so odd to be balanced.

So how is any of this even slightly interesting. Well, it isn't. What the hell? I know how much you enjoy reading my normally riveting posts. Since this isn't one of them, I promise, I'll make it up to you next time. Now shut up, quit bitching, click on "Next Blog" and leave me the hell alone. My toe hurts.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "My toe hurts"

 

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Never knew you could buy different size shoes for each foot. I'm sure you pay more for this valuable service and must sell more of your latest novel to compensate. Good luck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Hey, I have trouble with the big toe on my right foot too. Seems to be a circulation thing in my case. I was hoping the walking/jogging stuff I've been doing would help the situation, but it seems stubbornly resistant. Who knew such a small part could cause such problems?!

 

Blogger Story Blook said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Yes getting old sucketh. I have been forced to buy the kind of shoes that [male] nurses wear --Birkenstock, expensive but ahhhhhhh. My feet thank me.

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (11:14 PM) : 

JR: Good ole Nordstroms will sell you two different size shoes for the price of a matched pair.

Kristy: I think you just need to avoid sleeping in tents. Then all your toe problems will simply vanish.

Story: Excellent blook you have going. Hope more people are checking it out.

I think I can actually hear Kristy and Story's joint's creaking ;-)

 

post a comment