“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Weird feelings

Doesn't it drive you nuts when you have a recurring thought that you know logically is absolutely ridiculus, but you can't do anything to stop it. No matter what you do the thought keeps coming back. It's like your irrational emotional side reaches out and gives your logical side a little titty-twister.

Let me give you an example of what I am talking about. I absolutely hate when people are taller than me, especially women. It just every time I see someone six feet or taller, the familiar thought flashes through my mind - I see you there with all your extra height, you smug, undeserving freak of nature.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I get all worked up about it. And no, I am not a heighist. I have plenty of friends that happen to be tall. I know their height is not their fault. They were just born that way. If they were shorter than me, they would be the same person. Besides, you shouldn't just judge someone because of their stature.

To tell the truth, I think one of the reasons I am an Anglophile is because when I lived there I felt HUGE. Brits seem to be much shorter than Americans. As luck would have it, I had three people on my team that were freakishly tall. But I managed to deal with it. In fact, they turned out to be the three people I got along with the best.

See this is a prime example that if you think things through logically, you can overcome your irrational, emotional reactions. Also, if you are taller than me, have a heart and sit down when you see me coming.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Weird feelings"

 

Blogger Irish said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Imagine being 5'7 like I am. It sucks. The only decent thing is that I'm still taller than most women.

 

post a comment