“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, August 21, 2006

Enjoy Chapter 43

Please, take you time. Revel in all of its brilliance. Savor each tasty morsel of reading pleasure. Do not take Chapter 43 for granted. Why you ask? For one and only one reason, Chapter 43, will be the last you will see of The Break until I finish and publish it.

That’s right, the blogging of the book is over. Now, it’s time to get to what I find to be the most difficult part of writing – the rewrite. It’s time for me to sit down and read what I have written and fix it. That means I need to go through and re-write to the bulky parts, check punctuation and grammar, check for continuity and reorganize the chapters into the proper order.

This is necessary because I don’t do this as I go along. Although, I had a general outline of The Break and I knew what the story was, I had no idea of how it would play out until I actually wrote it. I know this seems strange to many writers, but that’s the way I write. I like to find out exactly what is going to happen as it happens. It’s like reading a book, but making it do what you want it to do as you are reading it. That is the joy I get from writing. I find it very stimulating and relaxing at the same time. It’s quite a feeling.

Here’s the good part, for me anyway. Since I am not finished yet, I can’t wait to see how it ends. I hope you feel the same way. My plan is to keep this blog going and when I am finished with the re-write, I will start blogging my next project called “Not Much, Just My Life”. In fact, next week I may give you a little taste of the new project to see how you like it.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Enjoy Chapter 43"

 

Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said ... (1:07 PM) : 

David Mamet says, and I paraphrase, it (rewriting) is a most ghastly beast, but one must not be afraid...One must face the beast head on and not shy from lopping off what appears, to us, as precious lines "we" cannot live without but the story can.

 

post a comment