“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, September 04, 2006

What a weekend

I am sorry to see the end of the summer upon us. But we did have a great summer that was capped off by an outstanding weekend. Every year Labor Day brings Paul Bunyen Days to St. Maries Idaho. St. Maries is a logging town located on the southern end of Lake Couer d'Alene. Each year the residents celebrate the end of the summer with a carnival. The highlight of which is one of the most amazing fireworks displays I have ever seen.

Before you go laughing hysterically, this sleeply little town certainly knows it's fireworks. This year's display rivaled the amazing display put on in Denver on New Year's Eve of 2000 which happened to be designed by the same man that designed the Paris fireworks for New Year's Eve 1999. Pretty good credentials I'd say.

Anyway, hope all of you had as much fun this summer as I did. Now I am ready for the long nghts and the cold weather. Come on winter, bring it on!


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "What a weekend"

 

post a comment