“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Email to Neil - Number 2

Quick note: If you like comics, check this guy out. I really like his strip:

KCity

Now for my evening's post.

Just thought I'd share the second email I sent to Neil Young. After seeing him on the Corbert Report a week or so ago, I wanted to send him an email. Tonight, I finally got around to it. I was torn between sending a bizarre, yet interesting email and playing it straight. Turns out, the decision was made for me. It seems someone has been messing with my weirdness quotient because I just don't seem to have it in me. Try as I might, I simply could not be weird. What the hell is happening to me? Am I turning normal? Has writing actually provided me the theraputic benefits I claim it does when my wife gives me the "Oh, God you're writing again" look?

Please tell me it's not true. Please tell me I am still as weird as I use to be. Please, I simply cannot accept living a normal life. I was very comfortable with my weirdness and I miss it deeply. Please help me bring it back by leaving the most bizarre, odd, strange, and/or weird comment you can come up with. I'm begging you. I NEED weirdness in my life. It's all I know. It's all I am.

Enough groveling. Here's the email.

Cobert Report

Hey Neil,

Caught your appearence on the Cobert Report (so I am a little late). Just wanted to let you know, I thought it was excellent. I really enjoyed listening to your words and I thought you hit the mark with what you were saying. I really wish at least one Bush would listen to you.

I caught your 1991 tour in Denver just after Persian Gulf I started and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the version of "Blowin' in the Wind". Maybe someday we will get it - war is never the best choice.

I do have one question for you - was Cobert really playing the guitar?

Peace,

Rebeleyeball


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Email to Neil - Number 2"

 

Blogger Jillian said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Hmm, I didn't so much give it up as got bored of it..

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Too bad. I really liked your comics. I guess blogging isn't for everyone. I'll keep checking back in case you decide to post more comics.

 

Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Calm down. You're weird.

 

post a comment