“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's official

To all of you that thought I was a big whiner when I complained about my toe hurting, guess what? Far from showing signs of aging, I actually broke my toe six months ago. All it took was a visit to the podiatrist and a few very uncomfortable x-rays to prove that I am not a wimp, I really do have something wrong with my toe.

On orders from my doctor, I will not be running for between a couple of weeks to several months. Did you just hear that? It sounded like a collective sigh of relief. Could it be from all of the treadmills at my gym, happy that they have received a reprieve from the pounding they have been taken from a 230 pound man running at 7.5 - 8 miles an hour? Or maybe it was from my fellow treadmillers that won't have to suffer from the shower of sweat flying from my forehead that completely soaks them in the salty fluid which freely flows from my pores? Regardless, both the treadmills and my fellow runners are safe for the time being.

All I can say is: Look out pool, here comes a mound of flesh to displace vast quantities of over-chlorinated water. Here's to itchy skin and smelly hair. To the pool, to the pool, to the pool.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "It's official"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 PM) : 

Congratulations! It's always a relief to know that you're not just suffering hypochondriacal hallucinations. And I'm sure the pool will be a nice change of pace.

 

post a comment