“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, September 14, 2006

Welcome first time visitors

I started off my day by checking to see how many visitors I had in the last day. All I can do is to quote Ghandi "HOLY COW!". It seems the folks at IT2M reviewed my site today. Not a great review, but okay. At least I didn't get bitch-slapped or nuked. Apparently, they have some clout and they have sent quite a few people my way. Welcome to all.

Although the site navigation makes sense to my warped brain, most of the feedback I received was that the "Archives" link on the side bar points to my other blogs. I can see how this could be confusing. Techinally, they are other blogs. But the contain all the stuff that I previously posted on this blog. The Rebeleyeball Links is like a table of contents for all of my posts. Of course, it doesn't have a summary of each of the postings which can be a drag as well. What can I say, I'm freaking lazy.

The Break link takes you directly to all of the chapters of my novel-in-progress that first debuted on this blog. I put them there so my readers could enjoy my book without having to read my daily drivel. I mean, my extrememly entertaining blog.

Additionally, I have a blog that is a preview of my first novel Web Site.

As my regular readers know from one of my previous posts, I did contract a professional web designer to develop a more robust web site. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only peron in the world that is lazier than me. Not an excuse, just a fact. Regardless, things here aren't as organized as they could be. I feel like a bunch of people showed up at my house and I was still in my bathrobe vacuuming the living room.

Truly, the reviewers at IT2M have an excellent following and I am very appreciative that they took the time to review my blog. One thing I take exception to is that a few people referred to my blog as "dry"? DRY? Moi? Hell, no. But okay, whatever. Subtle humor is lost on some.

Anyway, my warmest welcome to all newcomers. I hope you can see past the mess that is Misadventures of a 42 year-old writer wannabe and enjoy your stay.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Welcome first time visitors"

 

Blogger Deb said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Great blog, ....was reading through your archives. Came through italk2much. :)

I'll be back! Enjoy your weekend!

 

Blogger Reeholio said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Hi Paul,

Have you linked to Bestest Blog of all Time? It is a very popular site, and I get a lot of my traffic from there. You don't have to surf to earn credits like blog explosion either. It's worth a look.

Regards, Rhys

 

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said ... (5:08 AM) : 

I'm not a first time visitor, but I've been periodically reading your posts. We have a few things in common (both writers, males, and I just turned 43). I like to see what others in my age group are doing. Keeping blogging and writing. You're doing a bang-up job.

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Deb: Thanks, I checked out your blog, too. I'll stop by again.

reeholio: Yes I am linked to Bestest Blog of all Time.

jr: thanks for stooping by again. I only hace 7 more days of being a 42 year-old wannabe.

 

post a comment