“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Am I pathetic or what

As you have seen, I have been shamelessly been pimping my book. Not a big deal. Everyone tries to market, right? I, of course, had to take it a step farther. But instead of just writing Neil Young another email that he will never read, I asked him to read my book. What a flake I am. Well, it's all your fault you know. You keep pushing me to be weird. So there you have it. A completely stupid, never to be acknowedged gesture on my part. A tiny blip of bytes sent electronically to an email box that will either never be read or if it is, it will be done by the staffer assigned to read the emails in Neil's myspace account.

For your entertainment, here is the copy:

Hey Neil,

I know you probably have much better things to do than to read your my space email. But I decided to try to write you on the off chance you might actually see this.

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to be a writer. A couple of years ago, I sat down and wrote my first novel Web Site. It was an long process, but I had company. In fact, you and Led Zeppelin were with me throughout the process. Not blowing smoke, I really enjoy listening to your music when I write.

So, what's my point? Well, I want to ask you a favor. Since you are on the road right now, I am sure you could use some reading material. I would be honored if you would consider adding my book to your reading list.

Thanks and I hope that the tour is going well.

Regards,

Paul Gavin

I'll let you know as soon as he responds. Don't hold your breath.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Am I pathetic or what"

 

post a comment