“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, February 12, 2007

Car Troubles

Driving sucks. Seriously. Think about how much time we spend in our cars. In order to cut down on that complete waste of time, some of us take matters into our own hands. What I mean is, we tend to cut corners. Some of us ignore speed limits, others refuse to heed solid white lines, yet others tend to roll through stop signs and some of us literally cut corners.

So there I was, running late again. There were like fourteen cars in line on front of me in the left turn lane. The most irritating thing in the world is when the arrow finally changes to green and each car in front of you waits until the car in front of them completely executes the turn before they move their foot from the brake to the gas. AHHHHHHHHH!

That morning, I just couldn't take any more. Instead of keeping in line, I decide to make my move. Without hesitating, I shot into the Exxon station on the corner, hit the gas, jumped the curb, tore through the lot and shot out the other side directly into a cement truck.

In spite of the fact that I was pronounced dead at the scene, they rushed me to the hosipital to see if I could be saved. But it was to no avail. Services are to be held Thursday at the Eagles Airie #417 with a viewing/dinner to follow at the Peking King Chinese Restuarant.

Comments on "Car Troubles"

 

Blogger Michael said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Hey, No car troubles on Paros.
Read my recent post about nearly free accommodation for writers.

Cheers,

 

post a comment