“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, January 29, 2007

Getting back in shape

Yes, it's true. I have been getting back to running. Finally, I tackled the arduous task of repairing my treadmill. It took me nearly fifteen minutes, but it was well worth the effort. Additionally, I have been scaring the crap out of people at the gym once again. If you have no idea what I am talking about, then you haven't been reading my stuff. In the past, I would point you to it. But my thought now is "Hey, you missed it. You wanna read, you search the archives and find it."

Back to treadmills. I have been hitting the gym first thing every Saturday morning. I run my five miles, in 45 minutes or less. Hey, it's going to take me a couple months to get back to the 7 1/2 minute miles, all right. Anyway, then I go sit in the steam room, take a shower and I am ready for a full fun day off.

In my gym, they actually have a sign that says "Do Not Shave in the Steam Room". Can you freaking believe that? If you have ever shaved in the steam room, you will agree with me that is one of life's greatest pleasures. You get the absolute closest shave possible and it is virtually impossible to cut yourself AND it doesn't irritate your skin. Putting up a sign like that is just ridiculous as if anyone - especially me - is going to pay any attention to it. Seriously, it's like putting up a sign that says "Do Not Pee in the Shower".

Comments on "Getting back in shape"

 

post a comment