“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, January 21, 2007

A little on the EYEBALL clan

As promised, here is a little information about the eyeball clan. The first thing that needs to be said is none of the members are actually related by blood. Although at times, it seems that we are much closer than relatives. In an earlier post, I described the origin of the Eyeball. The fact is, by the time the eyeball entered our lives we were already linked for life.

Mr. Eyeball, an educator, met Analytical Eyeball in college in the late eighties. I met the Eyeball Queen in college as well, but it was considerably earlier. As fate would have it, all of our paths crossed in May of 1991. Since that time, we have become what we are today - a weird little clan.

I know, a little short on details. But you know me, I never really get specific about anything. So to make it up to you, I'll give you a couple of specific weird coincidences:

First, I was helping Mr. Eyeball move and I saw his high school year book. Instantly, I recognized the name of the school since it was right by the restaurant I was managing in 1987. Each time we passed each other, I would ask him if he knew someone that went to his high school and he would respond, "Yeah, I know him/her". After the forth time I asked him, he stopped, gave me a puzzled look and asked why I kept asking him about people from his school. My response? They all worked for me at my restaurant. But I never met him.

Second, when I went back to school for Master Degree I worked as a delivery driver. Just so happens that I delivered pizza to Eyeball Mama's parents house. But she was never there when I delivered.

Analytical Eyeball and I worked in the exact same restaurant. But not at the same time. Not too weird unless you consider this. He got hired the week after I left because I got promoted to manage a different restaurant and quit a week before I returned to deliver pizza's to Eyeball Mama's parents house.

Coincidences ... or just another day in the life of an eyeball?

Comments on "A little on the EYEBALL clan"

 

post a comment