“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I have been fired

Unfortunately, I have been fired from a couple of jobs in my life. Once, it was completely my fault. The other time, it was a very weird situation which I still haven't really figured out and it happened over fifteen years ago.

It isn't the most flattering thing in the world to post a blog pointing out my deficiencies, but bear with me. I think I have a point and I promise it’s coming up. In both cases, I was able to survive, find another job and move on with my life. Not that it was easy. After all, I am human and I do have some feelings. Getting fired is definitely a blow to the ego, but once you get up, brush off the dirt and give yourself a pep talk and get to getting going.

One of the reasons I was able to get over these events was my parents taught me about personal responsibility. In the first case, I took a job that I was not a very fit. Turns out, I wasn’t very good at it either. When I got fired, I accepted it my decision to seek the job, my decision to accept the job and my lack of skill that got me canned. Even though I don’t think I should have been fired from the second job, I still take responsibility for losing my job.

Seems to me that everything I just said about myself is true for President George Bush. Not only did he do everything he could to get his current job, he accepted it over the objection of many of us. Obviously, he is not a very good fit for the position and he does not possess the skills to perform the basic functions of the job. It’s time that we, his boss, call him into our office and give him the boot.

Please, do not try to defend him by saying he is doing what he believes is best for the country. Even if that is true, which is questionable in my opinion, it just doesn’t matter. See, in each of our jobs, we are expected to deliver. If we don’t, we’re done – period. Same should be true of the people we elect to represent us.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , ,

Comments on "I have been fired"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Great post, I agree wholeheartedly!

 

post a comment