“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Friday, October 27, 2006

This is important

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I have an affinity for sending goofy emails to talk show hosts requesting that they have me on their show. Well, I am at it again. But this email to Keith Olbermann is unlike any of the others I have written. This one is on a much more serious note.

You may be familiar with the story of Pat Tillman. He played for the Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. After 9-11, he gave up his multi-million dollar career as an NFL player to volunteer to defend the USA. While on duty in Afganistan, he was killed. At first, he family was told that he was killed by enemy forces. But then they were told that he was actaully killed in an unexplained "friendly fire" incident. Supposedly, there was going to be an "investigation". But I have never heard the outcome. Typical.

To tell the truth, I haven't thought much about this. Tonight, I ran across After Pat's Birthday written by Pat Tillman's brother, Kevin. I strongly encourage all of you to read this and share it with your friends before the election. This war we find ourselves mired in is wrong and we need to stop it - now.

I have included my email to Keith Olberman below.

Mr. Olbermann,

A few months ago I wrote you a ridiculous email inviting you to read my blog and have me on your show. This time I am writing you on a far more serious matter. Knowing your connection to sports and the news, I am sure you are familiar with Pat Tillman's story. Although he died under mysterious circumstances, there has not been much in the news about the so-called "investigation" and quite frankly I have forgotten about it until I stumbled on After Pat's Birthday. If you read this, I am sure you will be just as moved as I was. I would like to encourage you to have Kevin Tillman on your show to talk about this.

Since I wrote you the silly email mentioned above, I have been watching "Countdown" more frequently and I would like to say thank you for standing up and defending true American values. You are providing an invaluable service to our nation. Your courage and your ability to provide well thought out, rationally presented commentary is an inspiration for all of us seeking a "change of course" back to a peace loving, moral nation that we aspire to be. Please keep up the excellent work.

Regards,

Paul Gavin

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , , ,

Comments on "This is important"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I am a wannabe writer as well:-)! I love the site, some very interesting posts here! I blog rolled you, so I'll check back often.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Good luck with that - I'll be watching Count Down for you.

 

Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Hi there

I've been spending some extra time with projects in the real world lately so please excuse my absence .... tis nice to return and see that seomthings are the same still! Ha ha! You keep up that writing!!! :-)

 

post a comment