“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reply to Anonymous

A week or so ago, I posted an email that I sent to Bill O'Reilly. Yesterday, I received a comment from an "anonymous" reader. I started to reply in the comments, then I decided my response would be better as a post. Here we go.

Anonymous:

I cannot speak for every progressive, but you have never had a conversation with me. If you employ the tactic of calling names at the beginning of a conversation, it is no wonder that you don't have very productive discussions with progressives.

Personally, I spend a great deal of time trying to "see the other side". It just so happens that I very rarely agree with the conservative view of things. You see, I happen to believe for the most part, all people are good. It seems to me that commentators like Mr. O'Reilly think the only people that deserve respect are those that look, act, believe and belong to the same socio-economic class. In my limited experience of viewing, it seems that anyone who disagrees with Mr. O'Reilly is ridiculed as being "liberal" or "far left". Time and again, I see him attacking the messenger when he disagrees with the message.

As for your assumption that I am a fellow traveler with Air America, I guess you are partially correct. I rarely listen to any of the shows since I listen to NPR when I listen to the radio. However, I do like Al Franken and Randy Rhodes and tend to agree with them when I do hear them delivering a message. I do find it very interesting that you think Air America should be "banned from the airwaves". Once again you show that you are incapable of the flexibility you claim for seeing the other side. In your opinion since voices on Air America offer a different view point on issues, they should be censored. That's a nice, facsist statement on your part. Although I think Mr. Bill is full of shit, I would never even hint that I thought he should be "banned from the airwaves".

Despite your lack of civility and your apparent intolerance for the First Amendment, I would be more than happy to discuss any issue with you. I promise to address each issue directly and state sources to support my positions on each. I have a funny feeling that you will be unable to reciprocate and you will resort to "talking points", name calling, using capital letters and belittling my point of view rather than providing support for your arguments. Try me, I dare you.

I'll even start you off with one of my opinions. It is my stated position that we never should have gone into Iraq and the best thing we can do is to get out of Iraq right now, starting today. Go ahead and tell me why I am such an idiot to believe this.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , ,

Comments on "Reply to Anonymous"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 AM) : 

right on!

 

post a comment