“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, December 21, 2006

Exercise in futility

Ah, tilting at windmills - my favorite past-time. I have no idea why I chose today to write this email to Bill O'Reilly. But since I did, I thought I would go ahead and share it with you. Here it is:

Mr. O'Reilly,

I have no idea why I am sending you this email. Even if you do read it, there's not much chance you will pay attention to it. But for some reason, I feel the need to say this to you. Although I cannot stand to watch your show for more than a few moments at time, I occasionally take the time to read your talking points just so I can see first hand the garbage that you spew. If you actually believe the things you write and say, I truly feel sorry for you. It is very obvious that you have absolutely no understanding of reality. It seems to me that you simplify every issue to be black and white. Additionally, you presume that you are right on every issue and that any disagreement is treated as a "war" where you most not only refute the other person's opinion, but you must destroy the messenger.

Any intelligent progressive or as you so snidely refer to us "liberal" would be more than happy to discuss any topic with you, but I highly doubt you have any idea of how to have a rational discourse on any topic. This statement is based on my admittedly limited viewing. However, I would be willing to place a sizable bet that you sneer the words "liberal" and "far left" at least one time in each one of your broadcasts. Contrast that with the rare occasion (if ever) that you have mentioned "far right" or "christian fundamentalists" in the tone of voice that you reserve for smearing godless liberals.

If, on the other hand, David Lettermen was right and you actually know you are completely full of crap, then you really are a despicable human being. Either way, your unending negative commentary about everything that is progressive or liberal is really an affront to a large segment of society. I believe you do more to divide the people of this country than you could ever possibly do to unite people. You claim to be on the side of reason. However, you words portray hate and venom towards other human beings just because they are different or have an alternative value system than you possess. All I want for Christmas is for you and your pathetic network to go away for good.

Sincerely,

Paul Gavin

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Exercise in futility"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 AM) : 

So now I'm wondering who Bill O'Reilly is and what his show is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

Dear Pinhead -
After reading your ... nonsense - all I can say is that you aren't looking out for anyone, including yourself. Every discussion that I've had with a 'progressive' basically turns into a conversation where the liberal can't find logic or reason to back themselves up and end up resorting to yelling and repeating the same 'mantra' over and over again.

Too bad you can't see the other side, too bad a progressive can't carry on a decent conversation. My guess is that you love and identify with Air America - an outfit that IMHO should be banned from the airwaves.

As another personality that I like would say - "Good Day"

 

post a comment