“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, November 09, 2006

Falling asleep can be dangerous

While I was trying to think of something to blog, I fell asleep. I had the most bizarre dream that I was typing out an incredible story about a small island in the South Pacific that inhabited by four-foot-tall, lesbian, automechanics. Although I was having a difficult time trying to reconcile why a small island in the Southern Hemispere came to be the home of this odd tribe, my fingers continued typing. The story flowed past the untenable parts, like why were they all exactly four feet tall? How could the group continue to thrive in the absense of men? And how and when did they develop their unnatural affinity internal combustion engine driven vehicles that they had never actually seen?

Despite these apparent gaps of logic, the story made a great deal of sense in my state of fitfull slumber. It seems that I was the central character of this ridiculous plot. I came to be on the island after a thirty-thousand foot free fall from an exploded airliner - wow, what a fall, I gotta tell ya. There I was falling, falling, falling and then wham, I hit the beach. Miraculously unhurt, I stood up to find myself surrounded by the inhabitants of this tiny paradise. Of course, they welcomed me as "the man that fell from the sky".

Living the next three years as their king, I was finally rescued by Sponge Bob and Patrick. Upon my return to the U.S., I was, of course, treated as a fabulous celebrity. Just as things were getting interesting, I awoke. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I took a look at my computer screen. Much to my chagrin, I found this crappy blog typed out in it's entirity - without a single typo! So, I thought "what the hell" and I clicked on "Publish Post".

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Falling asleep can be dangerous"

 

Blogger lilfeathers2000 said ... (4:17 PM) : 

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
Its Click N Comment
Monday
Have a Blessed Day
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

 

Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Blog Sleeping! OMG!

 

Blogger letti said ... (10:12 AM) : 

that's definitely more out there than my dream about tom cruise trying to take over the world, flying around on a giant couch. Bleh

 

Blogger keed said ... (11:06 PM) : 

cool vibes

 

post a comment