“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, January 21, 2007

Best laid plans

Like many best laid plans, my idea for how I was going to spend the evening went awry (How many opportunities have you had to work the word "awry" into a sentence? Am I good or what?). This evening I was going to enlighten you as to the identities of the rest of the Eyeball Clan, Mr. Eyeball, Eyeball Mama, Analytical Eyeball, Chatty Eyeball and, of course, the Eyeball Queen. Instead, I fell asleep.

Don't you find it a touch ironic that just a few weeks ago I posted an entry about falling asleep while I was typing, then tonight I actually did fall asleep? Where’s the irony, you ask? When I wrote the post on “dream blogging”, I didn't fall asleep. What can I say? I am a "fiction writer" which happens to be a euphemism for "liar".

Once again, you find that you visited the site expected to see one of my brilliant and highly entertaining posts only to be greeted by another stream of drivel about falling asleep – yawn. All I can say is, tough crunchies. If you’re very lucky, the next time you stop by you may be treated to a riveting post about the genealogy of the Eyeball Clan. Trust me, it is very interesting. No really, it is. Oh all right, if you want to get all technical about it, the story is very interesting to me.

Comments on "Best laid plans"

 

post a comment