“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Politics, eyeballs and traffic, oh my

Are you bored yet? Tired of the same ole, same ole on www.rebeleyeball.com? Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a bit. Occasionally, I have come through with a humorous anecdote from my days as the King of Karaoke or a long maudlin tome about my proud heritage. I have even slipped in a few dream sequences. And who could ever forget my endeavor to come across as a paranoid conspiracy theorist?

Hey, wait a minute. That all sounds pretty interesting. Maybe I am as good as I think I am. Really, you think that’s immodest of me? Well, you point me to one other blog where you get such an entertaining variety of crazy ass stories as you do right here. Just try, I beg you because I’d love to read it. I tell you, it’s rough being so wonderfully talented.

A little over the top? Sure, but what the hell else am I going to write about tonight? Everyone knows exactly how I feel about the war in Iraq. Funny how all the talking heads are now suddenly yapping about the war the way I wrote about it right here almost a year ago. Maybe they are all the hits I have been getting from Herdon, VA and Washington, DC. Who knew I would be influencing our elected leaders.

If I chose to write about eyeballs again, there is a slight chance that people may start to think I am a little odd. Definitely wouldn’t want that to happen. It would just be terrible if I gained a reputation of being offbeat.

But the real danger is that if I write one more post whining about traffic, someone may actually puke. Vomit is so messy. I would feel bad if I elicited that type of reaction. Instead, I chose to inflict this little gem upon you as if anyone continued reading this far …

Comments on "Politics, eyeballs and traffic, oh my"

 

post a comment