“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, March 20, 2006

Chapter 25 and revisions

Although, I didn't make an announcement, I did complete and post Chapter 25 on Saturday. I hope you like the direction the story is heading.

Since you are reading a novel in progress, you get to see how I work. Over the course of writing the story, I have veered a bit off the course I intended at the beginning. To me, that is part of the fun. I think up new twists as I am writing. But in order to do some things, it requires that I go back and make changes to what I wrote earlier so that I can maintain consistency. Additionally, I wanted to add depth to a few of the characters.

The first thing I did was to take the chapter titled "The Break - Chapter 1 and Chapter 2" and renamed it "Chapter 1". The content is basically the same. I just replaced the "Chapter 2" with a dotted line. Now it is in the same format as the later chapters.

Then I renamed Chapter 3 to Chapter 2. It still starts with Ronnie setting traps for the furbies. I added a dotted line for the second half of the chapter. The second half introduces Sheila and Morgan, Big Ron's wife and daughter. I need these two for later in the story. They had been in the original version, but for some reason I skipped over them when I started this.

Chapter 3 is completely new. This is the section where I wanted to add depth. One to Ronnie's writing abilities and talent. Second, I wanted to give the basis to Big Ron's health issues.

In the future, I will be adding to the earlier chapters to build depth and consistency. I will let you know when I do.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Chapter 25 and revisions"

 

post a comment