“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thinking of quiting

Over the past two months, I have posted over 175 entries on my blogs. In my opinion, I have put up some pretty interesting stuff. Some of it funny, some sad, some completely ridiculus. But all and all fairly entertaining. Over the first seven weeks, more and more visitors stopped by every day. For the last week, it has been depressing how few people have visited my blogs.

I am very perplexed. Really, I update my blogs daily. I tag my posts with Technorati and Ice Rocket tags. Frequently, I check to make sure my blog is registered in the directories. Google has been running an ad for me every day for the last 30 days. It is almost as if I am being boycotted. When I do a search on the tag rebeleyeball at IceRocket, the most recent post is five days ago. At Technorati, it's even worse. The most recent update they have listed is 9 days ago. Even though I have posted 10 new entries tagged with rebeleyball for both IceRocket and Technorati in that time. On Yahoo! I have slipped from the fourth listing for a search for "Paul Gavin" to the fourth page!

Maybe I should have taken the hint when I got blown off the first time. Maybe I'm not half the writer, blogger I think I am. Maybe I should just hang it up. I have better things to do.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Thinking of quiting"

 

post a comment