“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, March 16, 2006

Chapter 23 - like anyone cares

I did finish and post Chapter 23. Sometimes I just don't know why I even bother. It is getting harder and harder to post new stuff. I know that I have told you that I write because I love it. That is a true statement. But there is more to it than that. I like to write because I want to communicate with others. I want people to think what I write is relevant and interesting enough to come back and read more.

Along the way, I have shared with you all of the things I have done to increase traffic. For a while, it really seemed to be working well. Now I have hit a plateau and it has been pretty difficult. Maybe the early "success" set my expectation level too high. Is it unreasonable to think that I would have a following in just 2 months?

All I know right now is that it seems like nothing I am doing is increasing traffic. I have kept up posting on a daily basis, I have checked all the search engines and blog directories I have submitted to. Everything appears to be in order. It's weird, Blogger seems to have throttled me back. I use to get one or two hits immediately after posting, but now I only seem to get one hit if any at all. I just don't get it.

One thing is for sure, the incessant checking of stats and compulsive drive to increase traffic is starting to wear on me. I was writing for enjoyment and relaxation and now that I have immersed myself in blogging, it's like I can't stop. I have to ask myself if this is how I want to write. I'll let you know how it goes.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Chapter 23 - like anyone cares"

 

post a comment