“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Friday, February 03, 2006

More on the whole blogging thing

If you have been reading my work, then you already know I am pretty new to the whole blogging thing. If this is your first taste of my exquisite prose, how lucky you must feel. Either way by the end of this post, you will find yourself exhausted but enlightened by the nuggets of information with which I impart to you.

If you are ultra-observant you may have noticed that I have approximately one BILLION links to blog directories on the right side of the blog. I have registered at about 20 of the top 55 blog directories as listed at http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/. When registering at the directories, I use my super-top-secret email address. Since I started this blog two weeks ago, my spam filter has been working double, nay triple duty. It is amazing - I use to get maybe 3 spams a day in this mail box, now I get 10 an HOUR. I am not joking. It is unbelievable.

Since I am doing this for you, I actually click on a few of them so I can tell you the flavor of spam that is being served. Apparently, I have won a full-sized PacMan game. All I have to do is click on http://www.choosewant.com/srpac/ and claim my prize. In the spirit of taking one for the team, I followed the link. Big surprise, they wanted my email address. Man, the things I do for you people. I gave them my email, but was that good enough? Heck no, they wanted my name, address and phone number - so I put in my info - from 2 houses ago! Then it was on to the survey. It was 4 full pages, like 25 per page, of offer after offer. I had to click yes and then fill out additional forms with name, address and phone number. Then I hit the wall. I made it to the page where I actually had to buy something to move on. Sorry, I here for you, but I will not spend one thin dime on a scam. The most irrating thing is I know that all of the spams are scams, but people keep clicking on them.

My journey over, I turned my attention elsewhere. I started going through some blogs. You know, support the community. After I read a few good blogs, I hit 2 weird ones in a row. I have no idea what they are about. Check these out and let me know if you have any idea what this is all about: http://my-common-boat-names-webpage.blogspot.com/
http://about1000115chippoker.blogspot.com/

Next time, I'll tell about "How to make a 6-figure income writing online".


Tags: , , , Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "More on the whole blogging thing"

 

post a comment