“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Email to Mark Cuban

Mr. Cuban,

I am glad that you took the time to speak with Playboy magazine. Although I was familiar with your name and the fact that you are the owner of the Mavs, I must admit that I did not know much about you prior to reading the informative interview. The thing that stood out was the forward thinking behind HDNetFilms and the new distribution model for content (simultaneous release of In theatre, PPV and DVD) for two reasons.

First, I just started a new job as a Product Manager for a small advertising firm that specializes in print media. Since print is a dying media, I was hired to use my technical management skills and vision of what can be done to take the organization to the level. My team and I are preparing to make the advertising leap to new media - whatever that happens to be - web, tivo, cell phones, etc. I understand that we are in the midst of a huge transition of content delivery and I want to be part of it.

Second, I am an aspiring writer. For my entire life, I have wanted to tell stories. I have attempted to do this in my spare time while maintaining a real job. I believe I have great ideas and a talent for reaching people. Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in getting a large number of people to read my work. I have self-published a novel and a book of short stories on lulu.com (www.lulu.com/PaulGavin). Additionally, I started a blog (rebeleyeball.blogspot.com) to build a readership for my work. The material on the blog is my current novel and my commentary on writing the novel.

As a very realistic person, I understand that you have many people asking you to take a look at their materials and/or ideas in the hopes that you will like them and in turn fund them. In that regard, I am no different. I want you to check out my stuff and be so blown away that you fly to Spokane, Washington to meet me. Not only am I extremely proud of the effort put forth, I believe that my first novel "Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain" would make an amazing and commercially successful movie that would attract new users to HDNetFilms. Please visit my web sites. If you like what you see, let me know.

Regards,

Paul Gavin


Tags: , , ,
Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Email to Mark Cuban"

 

post a comment