“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, January 23, 2006

Direction

In case there was any doubt, I have a significant portion of this story written. I know where I want to go with it and I really have a pretty good idea how I am going to get there. I guess the problem I am having at this point is how to introduce all the characters, yet keep interest in the story. I put out 3 more chapters to keep up interest and try to give an idea of the direction I am going.

Another thing I have been thinking about - who should a writer write for? When I wrote Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain, it was basically therapy. I wrote to get over a personal issue in my life. One of the reasons it is dark and twisted is that was the way I felt at the time. When I started this project, I was in a place where I was a little confused but I thought I could write an equally twisted yet more fun - but I was writing for the audience.

Now that I am reviewing and posting this, I am starting to think I need to get back to writing for me. So, I am going to write what I want to write and let it come off my fingers without caring if anyone reads it. I like this story and I want to finish it.

Stick around for the ride or don't - it's up to you. I really do hope I am able to reach someone, but I am doing this because I want to.

One other thing - has anyone considered clicking on one of the links at the top of the page? Just curious.


Tags: , , ,
Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Direction"

 

post a comment