My Photo
Name:
Location: Liberty Lake, Washington, United States






“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Blogosphere

First of all, do people in the "blogosphere" actually use the term? Or is it just a convenient label the media uses? Did you ever notice that when the traditional media wants to talk about something they don't understand, they pick these easy terms to try to tie everything up with a pretty little bow?

Second, I didn't spend much time writing last night. Instead, I spent the evening registering my blog at various blog directory sites. Additionally, I spent some time visiting various blogs. It really is interesting to see the wide variety of subject matter covered. Maybe I should tell you that I am very new to the whole blogging thing. Like everyone else, I have heard of blogs and blogging and had a general idea of what blogging was all about - or at least I thought I did. It is very interesting to look around and see. First thing I noticed - it seems like most blogs have a shelf life of about 4-6 months.

Also, I decided to publish Chapter 3 tonight to keep things rolling a bit. I hope you like it.
Last thing, this is all about communication and introducing people to each other. You may have noticed that I added a link to Mark Sunderland Photography on the left sidebar. I highly recommend the site. Mark has taken some of the very best photographs of the US Southwest that I have ever seen. Check it out and see if you agree. Also, at the end of every post there is a little envelope icon - if you click on it, you can leave comments - hint, hint ;-).


Tags: , , , Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "The Blogosphere"

 

post a comment