“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, January 29, 2006

Characters

When I am telling stories, I like to focus in on the characters. It is what makes the story for me. When I write about people, I try to focus in on the little things they do. Therefore, I try to focus on what the characters do with the hands, feet, hair. I try to tell the reader how the characters are standing or sitting. For example, if the charater is a smoker, I will attempted to capture some of the details of smoking. Most people still think the habit of smoking is about smoking cigerattes because the don't bother to watch the details. There are certain idiosyncrasies that go along with smoking. All the while I am trying to pass on their personalities traits by match those idiosyncrasies with the things they say and the things they don't say. Personally, I find it fasinating trying to focus in on the little things my characters do. If you pay attention to them, you might get to know them a little better.


Tags: , , , Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Characters"

 

post a comment