“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, February 01, 2006

This is fairly amazing

Ok, so you all laughed at me for sending an email to Mark Cuban. That's cool, I don't really think he is going to respond either. But I don't think that a reason to quit trying. It's not like I am buying lottery tickets. It doesn't cost anything to send an email.

On to the fairly amazing part. I posted that email to Mark Cuban on the blog yesterday, right? Well, here's how quick things happen. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there is a Google Adsense box at the top of the page. These ads rotate on fairly complex rules that I am sure Google considers to be proprietary. Anyway, What advertisement do I see today - approximately 16 hours after posting the email to Mark Cuban?

"Mark Cuban Apparel
Official Site - Dallas Mavericks Wear
What Mark Wears At The Game!
http://www.mavgear.com/"

Pretty freaky, huh? It's called contextual advertising. Google Adsense actually monitors to see the topics on a blog and serves up ads to meet the topics. So let's try a little test, shall we? If you happen to leave a comment, type in a brand name and lets see what happens. Here are a few from me:

Tyson Fried Chicken
Audi A3
Home Depot

Second test, click on one of the ads.


Tags: , , , Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "This is fairly amazing"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

I don't think it has anything to do with the blog topics. It probably is because you added a link to his site. The bots go through and look for links.

 

post a comment