“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New Chapter Format

In Chapter 8, there is a new chapter format. Since there are several plot lines I am trying to develop, I thought I wold try to advance more than one in a chapter. I am not sure that this is going to work. Let me know what you think of the format.

On a different topic, I haven't done much new writing other than the blog. It's not exactly writer's block. It's more like procrastination. I have 4 main plot topics in The Break and I have a really good idea where each one is going, but I just can't seem to advance any of them.

It was last night that realized the lengths I will go to in order to not write the story. My original idea for "Progessing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain" was for a screen play. There was only one problem, I had no idea how to write a screen play. So I changed it to a novel because I assumed it would be easy. I have read a ton of novels - how tough could it be? Well, I found out but that is a different story.

Anyway, last night as I was surfing the web for examples of screen plays and simultaneously attempting to convert "Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain" into a screen play, it hit me. Why am I suddenly working on something I haven't even thought about in a year or so? Why am I not writing "The Break"? Oh, I get it. I am worried that I can't work out the plot line.

From now on, when I write - I write "The Break"


Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "New Chapter Format"

 

post a comment