“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, April 12, 2006

MySpace is a weird place

Since I spend a good portion of my time seeking out weirdness and trying to figure out how to fit it into my story lines, it's not necessarily a bad thing that I think something is weird. Additionally, whenever anyone says "You're weird", I always respond "Thank you". Give it a try sometime. In fact, let's do an exercise. Everyone take a moment to acknowledge and embrace your own idiosyncratic weirdness...accept it...accept it...accept it...okay, long enough. Feels great, doesn't it?

A couple of weeks ago, I set up a MySpace account. But I didn't do anything there until a couple of days ago. It has many cool features, but it gives me a weird vibe. It really seems like a cool concept, but it is almost like a popularity contest. Not that I am judging, because my whole reason for blogging is to try to get attention for my work. Which in turn means attention for me. Hmmmmm.

As with blogger, I am Rebeleyeball on MySpace. If you are a member and you want to invite me to be your friend, I will certainly accept. It is cool that everyone on my space use pictures and their names (except me), so you feel like you get to know them. Of course, I don't have any friends there ~he wipes a tear from his eye but keeps typing through it~.

Don't worry, this will remain my main blog and all chapters for The Break will be posted here. Any thoughts on Chapter 32?


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "MySpace is a weird place"

 

Blogger gP said ... (4:09 AM) : 

the thing about blogspot that makes it so damn cool is that it is great to customize. Others dont provide us with that option.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I heard that MySpace is now more popular (in terms of traffic) than eBay. Crazy. I haven't spent much time there, just feel like I have to know what's up as my kids head into their teen years.

Thanks for the link, by the way. I'm gonna get you linked up on my site this week.

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (3:19 PM) : 

ghost particle - I agree with you. Even when I get frustrated with Blogger, it comes down to the fact that it has an awesome set of tools.

Kristy - thanks for reciporcating on the link. I am proud to have your link on my blog. You and I seem to share similiar sense of humor. It's always a pleasure when I visit "Fire in the Kitchen". Keep an eye on those teenagers - they might try pulling some of the same stuff you did when you were that age ;-).

 

post a comment