“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Friday, April 07, 2006

I am absolutely mortified

After 31 chapters, I finally go to One Day at a Time(1975) and I find out that Schnieder's name is actually spelled Schn ei der. Oh, the humanity. Can you possibly understand how incredibly embarrassed I am?

It really made me stop and think - Am I really cut out for this blogging thing? I haven't been doing this long, but I do know that a mistake like that can jeopardize your "Official Blogger" certification. I really hope that no one on the "International Blogger Certification Committee" (IBCC) happens to read my blog before I have time to go and find each occurrence of "Schnieder" in the The Break and switch it to "Schn ei der manually and then republish each chapter. I know some one that isn't going to get any sleep tonight.

Could that be the reason that Mark Cuban blew me off and David Lettermen never responded? I betcha it is. They saw a rookie mistake and figured I didn't have what it takes to be associated with them. Bummer. It's a jungle out there in the blogosphere, I tell ya. Don't get involved with this activity unless you can handle the stress of constant scrutiny from every direction. Yes, my loyal readers it's a dog-eat-dog world, but I am up to the challenge - as long as the IBCC doesn't pull my card!


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "I am absolutely mortified"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

You're having angst over misspelling a sit-com character's name? Get over it. What you should be concerned about is that fact that every time you commit a typo, somewhere a puppy is killed.

Yes, it's ruff out here in Blogsylvania. Ruff, I tell ya.

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Ah...there it is. Thanks kristy - it's good to know that I'm not the only one with the twisted sense of humor :-).

 

post a comment