“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Saturday, April 08, 2006

Blowing the lid off the whole IBCC cover-up

Yesterday, I told you about my little spelling error that I perpetuated through 31 chapters of my current novel-in-progress The Break. I mentioned that I was very nervous about having an IBCC review. You may have thought I was being overly paranoid - why on earth would the IBCC care about spelling errors in my posts? Well, I have some news for you - the IBCC isn't the benevolent organization they make themselves out to be. When I posted yesterday, I wasn't in the position to speak out, but I am now.

For the last 65 odd hours, I have been preparing to fire the first salvo in the movement to overthrow the IBCC. Excuse the typo's, I've been rolling on coffee, cold showers and five pounds of esspresso beans to get everything set up. There were servers to move, DNS entries to update, false DNS entries to create, etc to cover the location of my blog files. Why did I go to these extremes, you ask?

Let me start at the beginning, or at least the start of my blogging adventure. Like most of you, when I started my blog I filled out the paperwork to become certified by the IBCC. As you know, the IBCC is a consortium formed in 2003 by Microsoft, Google, AOL and HDNet as a standards organization for the blogoshere. All blogs must pass the rigid set of standards set forth in the "Blogger's Manifesto" that was released after the IBCC formation committee closed the Minnetonka, Minnesota sessions on May 18, 2003.

Well this all came to head a couple of weeks ago when I got my first notification about my blog "Left Over Right". You may have had the opportunity to read it. If you didn't, it was a very liberal blog that was highly critical of the current administration. Somewhere along the line, I must have struck a raw nerve because they told me that it was "offensive to the common morality". But I blew it off, because I wasn't saying anything that a bunch of other people were saying on many other sites. But then about two weeks "Left Over Right" disappeared. I didn't mention any thing at the time because I didn't want to have all my blogs shut down.

Since then I have been busy researching the IBCC. It turns out that the IBCC is actually a front for a U.S. Government program to monitor all blogs for anti-government activity. At first, I thought it was strange that they would shut me down. I'm just a small fry. But after I discovered the entire publication from the sessions with the haughty title of the "Minnetokan Accords", it became very apparent what they are doing. It's an anti-grassroots campaign. Progressives are gaining ground and thousands of blogs are springing up united in their mistrust of our current administration. So they put this program in place to quash us one at a time. They can beat the big "liberal" media, but they can't beat us unless they snuff us out one-by-one.

Apparently, the section chief at the IBCC has a real issue with me. He wasn't satisfied with just shutting down "Left Over Right". He was going to shut all my blogs down. That's why I had to move all my blogs to the secret servers. Over my years in the telecom industry, I made many friends. That means, I can keep bouncing my blogs around indefinitely. It took me a while to setup up my blogs as vitual programs that I could port quickly from server to server and still maintain the urls. But it's done and I am now truly the rebeleyeball. I vow to stay blogging and to do everything I can to take down the IBCC.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Blowing the lid off the whole IBCC cover-up"

 

post a comment