“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Saturday, February 11, 2006

Response from Mark Cuban

Seriously, I did not think this would happen. Mark Cuban responded to email - Are the Mavs playing tonight? Although, it's not exactly the response I hoped for, at least it is a response. Additionally, I take this a word of encouragement to keep doing what I am doing.

My approach now is to build the readership of my materials. If the numbers continue to grow as they have been, I can build credibility and we can see where it goes from there.

Below is the email string (I x'd out our email addresses):

Mr Cuban,

Thank you for you timely response. I agree that there are no shortcuts. Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Such as: I am applying all the lessons I learned in my 20 years in the business world to condense my timeframes.

I choose to take your response as words of encouragement. In order to build my credibility, I am going to focus my engergies on writing and building an audience. When I believe I have a sufficient number of readers, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Paul Gavin



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Mark Cuban"
To: "MAV Feedback"
Subject: Re: [MAV Feedback] Other
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:43:19 -0600
>there are no shortcuts.
>
>if your writing is any good, let your blog readers tell you so and refer
>readers. if they dont. You have your answer
>
>good luck
>
>m

>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: "MAV Feedback"
>To: xxxxxxxxxxx@dallasmavs.com
>Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:49:35 -0500
>Subject: [MAV Feedback] Other
>
> >
> > IP: 69.28.35.155
> > Name: Paul Gavin
> > Email: xxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
> > URL: http://rebeleyeball.blogspot.com
> > Site: http://www.blogmaverick.com/
> >
> > Dear Mr Cuban,
> >
> > It’s Paul Gavin again. You may or may not be aware that I have written
> > to
> > you on two other occasions suggesting that you visit my blog > > href=http://rebeleyeball.blogspot.com>Misadventures of a 42-year old
> > writer
> > wannabe. There are several reasons I continue to write to you.
> >
> > The first reason is purely self-interest. As the title of my blog
> > indicates, I would like to be a professional writer. At my tender age,
> > I
> > do not have the time or the inclination to live the life of a starving
> > artist. Therefore I have tried to find a way to skip a few steps and
> > move
> > right to shamelessly promoting my writing talent and original ideas for
> > content development and delivery.
> >
> > The second reason is that I think that you are the thought leader in
> > the
> > area of content delivery. From all that I have read about you and from
> > your blog, it is easy to see that you fully understand that the world
> > of
> > entertainment is in a transition period.
> >
> > The third reason is purely for entertainment. Through my blog I have
> > managed to build a following of tens of readers. Most of their
> > comments
> > have been about the emails that I send you. In my opinion, they enjoy
> > my
> > Don Quixote approach to building my readership.
> >
> > Now the important part, I would like share a portion of one of my
> > ideas.
> > The basic premise is to create an interactive TV show about bloggers.
> > The
> > show would revolve around a set of characters that met and know each
> > other
> > only through the blog site they patronize. Portions of the show would
> > be
> > comedy, other parts drama and some documentary. There is nothing new
> > about
> > the TV format, the real innovative is the interactive portion. I will
> > not
> > describe that portion here. If you find this interesting, please feel
> > free
> > to contact me.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Paul
> >
> >
>


Tags: , , ,
Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Response from Mark Cuban"

 

post a comment