“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Fireside Chat

There we were, sitting around the fire having one of those conversations you can only have with really good friends. When it dawned on me - I really like these people. These freaking retards that interupt my life every once in a while just to mess with me.

Save your pity for some one who needs it. I give back as good as I get, maybe a little better. They don't call me rebeleyeball cause a wilt at a little good-natured ribbing. It's funny how you sit with a circle of friends and all of a sudden it becomes your turn to be roasted over the fire. But good friends know when to stop before the heat rises too high. Boom rotate around to the next poor bastard.

It doesn't matter if we are just sitting around talking or playing spades. It's always the same. On many occasions, we have joked that if we put a video camera on us, we have the funniest television show ever. But we have never done it.

Then again, the things you find hilarious with friends are never as funny to other people. Don't believe me, try telling some one a story about a funny night you had. The blank stares are disquieting, to say the least. Do you self a favor, enjoy your friends and keep the stories for the inner circle.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Fireside Chat"

 

Blogger kitty kat said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I always tell my friends that they should make a reality TV show about us, simply because we are so funny.

But then I remember that no one would find us funny, we just find each other funny because we have so much history, and so much is based on "inside" jokes and stories.

 

Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Or take notes and produce an award winning sit-com! It's happened to lesser people ...

 

post a comment