“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, July 30, 2006

A few changes

Recently, I submitted my blog to Frog My Blog for review. It is a site that will review your blog in exchange for Blog Explosion credits. The author promises to review your blog objectively and I must say that the person reviewing my blog did a very good job. You can read the review.

As you can see, the reveiwer absolutely hates my blog template. So much so, that the reviewer didn't even comment on the writing. Now, if I were thin skinned or unrealistic, I might have gotten bent out of shape by the review. However, I sought the feedback, I read it and I took it to heart. My objective is to get people to read my work and if my template is that distracting, then I need to do something about it.

If you have been reading this blog, you may remember that I have lamented the apparent lack of "stickness" of my site. Meaning, I get good traffic, but most people sail past after just a few seconds. With this in mind, I am going to take steps to make visits more enjoyable.

You may notice that I have changed a few things immediately after reading the review. I have attempted to clean up the template so that, at worst, it is merely boring and not complicated. Since I am not a web designer, I have decided to follow the reviewer's suggestion. I have contract someone to design mhy site ao that is more easy to navigate. Until I get the new template, you will see this cleaned up version. As soon as I publish the new template, I plan to resubmit my blog to see if I can get the content reviewed.

As always, I'll keep you posted.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "A few changes"

 

Blogger gP said ... (6:43 AM) : 

hey bro!, good luck on the site template change and all. All I can say is, even if you have a cool template, most people will just act the same. It actually relates to ur other post, blogging will gather momentum over the years and it NEVER is a waste of time. The ammount of stuff you get to learn is more than enough to take ur mind of the fact that not many people read your stuff. Some do read, just that they dont judge (i.e leave comments) and some who do are just passerbys. All I have to say is, you have a superb flow going on and it will definitly be something one day. For sure. And...even I am writing stories now taking a Q from bloggers like urself.

 

post a comment