“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, July 16, 2006

An now Chapter 40

Check it out. It seems I am on a roll. This weekend I wrote Chapter 40 and half of Chapter 41. Currently, I have written 99,271 words according to MS Word. Who thought I even knew that many words, let alone be able to string them together in some sort of cohesive manner. It looks like I can finish the story in three more chapters.

The plan is to start at the beginning and rewrite each chapter. My two invaluable readers and commentators have agreed to review each chapter. Hopefully, they will help me with the spelling and grammar issues. Maybe I'll even listen to them. I envision that the final result will be approxiamately 60 chapters and around 150,000 to 175,000 words. Where's all this new stuff coming from? Well, I blew past some stuff I was thinking about but haven't fully formed the ideas to puch the story forward. Most of the new writing is going to be to flesh out the characters. I want my readers to get a really good feeling of who these people are. Additionally, I refered to Ronnie's step-mother, but I didn't really work that relationship. There are also some things I want to share about his real mother. There still isn't enough explanation of the tension between Ronnie and Big Ron. So you can see, there is a lot more to this story.

There is one problem I haven't figured out. Do I give away the ending to satisfy my loyal blog readers or should I quit now and just start posting and make you read the whole story again? Hmmm. Idea coming on ... why don't you leave a comment and let me know what you think?


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "An now Chapter 40"

 

post a comment