“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gotta sell some books

That's it. I have got to sell more books. Some where in the neighborhood of 100,000 or 200,000 books. It has to happen. It is getting to the point where I will not be able to go into the office anymore. Why? For one and only one reason. I cannnot sit back day after day and watch the cretians in my office perpetuate the the worst crime known to man. Seriously, why in the hell can't people make a freaking pot of coffee?

Is it such a hard thing to do? Dump the basket, put in a new filter, open a bag, pour in the contents, replace the basket and press a button. It took me longer to type the sentence than it takes to make a pot. Not kidding, people in my office will leave three millimeters of coffee in a pot and turn off the burner. But will they make a pot - HELL NO! Give me a break. Some of us need coffee. It's not a matter of choice, we are addicted. One thing I learned early in life - you do not want to get between a junkie and his/her fix. It's suicide.

Come on people. When you take the last of the coffee, brew another pot. Especially when it is 8:30 in the morning. It's your duty. We all know the unwritten law - IF YOU DRINK COFFEE, YOU MAKE COFFEE! It's a simple as that.

So, please, please, please spare me this agony. Buy my book. You have no idea the daily anguish I suffer at the hands of these...these...these inconsiderate robbers of the sweet elixir of life.
More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Gotta sell some books"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

So you're saying that when you run the photocopier out of paper, you always refill it before leaving the scene of the crime, right? How about the toner? Do you leave empty staplers lying in your wake? Do you top of the wastebasket with your donut cartons and hope that the Garbage Fairy comes to empty it soon?

Those who live in glass offices should not cast stones at the coffee deadbeats.

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Kristy, Kristy,

Have you no faith in me? Actually, since my printer and staplers are all in my office, I just call the IT support guy to come and add extra paper, toner and bring me staples. Me eat donuts? No, my tastes are more upscale, like bismarks.

I usually don't go off on other people, especially in the office. That's why I ranted here, so everyone can read it and guess who I am talking about and then when they do we can have a good laugh behind their back - you know.

Seriously though, 20 years in the restaurant business taught me to restock constantly. So my real issue is not that I am hypocritical in my actions, but my expectation that others are as:

1. needy for coffee as I am
2. care that there is some left for the next person

 

post a comment