“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Regards: Neil Young version

thepoetryman posted a link on his site to Neil's new album Living with War. Being that Neil is one of my favorites, I decided to follow the link. Surprisingly, I found that you can listen to whole ablum there. Funny, thepoetryman, story blook and I are all Neil fans.

Another reason I am glad I followed the link is that I found out Neil has a MySpace account. You know what's coming. I shot Neil a quick email. Here it is:

Neil,

First off, I am a complete oddball. But if you read this, than that wil become evident. It sounds pretty cheeseball, but I really do believe that we don't always take the time to let other's know what they mean to us. Even though we don't know each other, I want to let you know how much you have impacted my life.

I count you as one of my most respected artists along with Kurt Vonnegut, Jimmy Page, Vincent Van Gogh and John Steinbeck. There are many others. But even though I know better, I feel the five of you have been speaking directly to me.

Since I can remember, I have wanted to be a writer. Six years ago, I finally sat down and wrote my first novel. I wrote 70-80 percent of in in two separate one week periods that I took off from work and wrote twelve hours a day. The entire time, I listened to Led Zeppelin and your records. It was very inspiring - thank you.

Currently, I am blogging my second novel one chapter at a time. One of the topics I have addressed in between chapters are the people I admire. I am attempting to contact each of you to let you know that I appreciate your work.

Keep being you!

BTW: Can you imagine how cool it was for me to see you and Led Zeppelin being inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame on the same night. Getting to see you play with them was an amazing moment.

Cheers,

Paul Gavin aka Rebeleyeball


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "My Regards: Neil Young version"

 

post a comment