“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, April 17, 2006

Go Neil

Seems like I was Rebeleyeball-on-the-spot with my posting about Neil. Mr. Young made quite a stir today with the announcement of his new album "Living with War". Apparently, Neil is fed up with the war in Iraq and is advocating the impeachment of President Bush. It probably won't come as a great shock to you when I tell you that I was fed up with the war before we invaded Afghanistan. Suffice it to say that I agree with Neil in spirit.

However, I really can't stomach the thought of impeaching Bush for two reasons. First, the only thing worse than Bush being President would be if Cheney was President. That sniveling, little weasel really gets on my last nerve. My apologies to all weasels for having disparaged your species by associating you with the Vice-Creep of the United States.

Second, can we really impeach another President? Really? Good gravy. Not that he doesn't deserve it, because I do believe the actions of Mr. Bush do rise to the level of High Crimes and Misdemeanors - possibly even War Crimes - but if I say that I will get accused of being a "Liberal" - wait a second, I am a Liberal. It's just that because the Republicans ridiculously decided to impeach Clinton for "lying to the American people" it now seems as if taking that course with our current liar...uh...President is partisan retribution instead of the proper course of action.

Here's my thought. We suffer through until November 2006, vote for a Democratic Congress - don't even get started on how they have let "Liberals" and "Progressives" down - that's a story for another time. A-hem, then we get them to pull back the "wartime" powers currently being asserted, spend the next two years fixing the stuff that has been broken, perform a real investigation of everything Mr. Bush did "for the safety an protection of the American people", have a trial and send him to prison - real prison. I'm talking Attica or San Quentin or an equal beautiful federal facility. Throw him in with all the people he looks down on and see how his punk ass does standing on his own without the U.S. military doing his dirty work. Don't think he'd be saying "Bring it on!" to that, do you?

I try to keep my political beliefs separated from my attempts to entertain you. Okay, so maybe I am a little more transparent than I am willing to admit. Just reading my fiction gives me away. Thank you for indulging me in my vain attempts to persuade the unpersuadable.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Go Neil"

 

Blogger rebeleyeball said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Oh but I disagree vehemently. Elect all Democrats. It is much better and I would be much happier to have my rights trampled on by some one that I like and agree with and that has a "D" listed after their name.

 

post a comment