“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The return of Cheesmo

Some of you may have noticed that Cheesmo is finally back. In case you are wondering who Cheesmo is, he is my blogging arch-nemesis. We have been doing battle long before blogging ever came to be. Now, he just has one more tool in his formidable arsenal to use against me. Oh, you think I sound paranoid, do you? Well, get a load of this little comment that he left on my posting that exposed the IBCC for what it is.

”REB,
You may find some of the IBCCs actions unappealing but you need to quit bashing them. The IBCC was created in article 23b of the Patriot Act to aid in intelligence gathering about possible terrorists and others who threaten the American way of life. These are troubled times and troubled times call for elevated defensive measures. You need to learn to enjoy your American freedoms in a less subversive way.”


Ha! Now that's a laugh. "Don't worry Rebeleyeball, the IBCC is just looking out for all of you bloggers". I have heard this drivel in the past and I will not believe it and I beseech you to not pay attention to this rationalization of the evil - yes, the evil that the IBCC has perpetuated on the blogosphere.

I told you that they are sneaky and that their slimy tentacles reach to the highest levels in our government and all the governments of all the G-8 plus Russia countries. This is very bad for us. You have no idea what they are capable of doing. Although I managed to move off the blogging "grid" as it were, their agents found me. I knew it was only a matter of time, but I thought it would be weeks not days before their storm-troopers managed to ferret me out.

Understand Darnell, I hold no ill will towards you for betraying the location of the Citidel. We all know you held out as long as you could. But their "dog handlers" can be very pursuasive. A word of warning, never let them take you.

Once again I struck a small victory for all of in the blogoshpere, just by living through the ordeal. After a particularly heroic effort and the help of some very close allies, I was able to save all of the blogs and good number of the servers. Unfortunately, they did manage to strike a mortal blow against my longterm partner, my favorite laptop. I spent the better part of last evening and again today fighting to resuscitate my beloved, blue Toshiba. But alas, it was not meant to be. Oh, dreaded data loss. This truly has been a high price to pay indeed, just to blog in the manner I wish to blog.

Whoa is me. Now I am chained to this desk in this rat hole that doubles as my oasis from the peering eyes of the IBCC. But you see Cheesmo, no matter how depressed I may be completely drained from the battle, I will never give up, never surrender to this cheap, demeaning organization that claims to be the unifier of bloggers. It is, in fact, dedicated to turning all blogs into “Blogs For Bush” or “The Ultra-Conservative” or “The anti-Lesbian Agenda”. They will attempt to destroy all that resist, first by “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth” smear tactics. Then if they fail there, they will come after you like they have come after me.

Yes, Cheesmo even you should be able to peer through this thinly shrouded charade and see them for who the really are. The rest of you, do not despair. I am too good, too fast and far too funny to ever be taken by the likes of the IBCC and their legions of blind, fanatical zealots. We will make ourselves ready for any malevolent operation they manage to cook up in those dictatorial little brains of theirs. Let them come, I say. Bring it on!


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "The return of Cheesmo"

 

post a comment