“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Monday, April 24, 2006

Caution: I'm seriously weird

It's true, I am weird. Just to prove it, I decided to continue my email nonsense with Keith Olbermann of MSNBC. So why did I pick Keith Olbermann when I barely ever watch his show. Well, I tell ya. When I do watch the show, I am entertained and informed. His brand of enter-news is excellent. Additionally, I started watching him on ESPN and I love the fact that he doesn't take himself to seriously. Lastly, I recent read an article titled The smartass vs. the bully. It was about the feud between Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly.

There aren't many people on television I hold with higher disregard than that chump. This post is the first and last time I will use that name on my blog. Trust me, I have watched many hours of FoxNews. Why? Because when I am happy, I just need something to piss me off so that I don't think life is a bowl of cherries. Anyway, this tough guy browbeats everyone he brings on his show like he's Bad Leroy Brown. Then he gets the chance to interview George W. Bush and the guy just about pees himself on TV. Talk about softball questions. So, that is just scratching the surface of the reasons I can't bear the thought of the guy.

So, here's my message to Keith Olbermann. As always, I will send three emails and post any responses I get.

Yo Keith,

Let's cut to the chase - I'm a nut job blogger that runs a little site called Misadventures of a 42-year old writer wannabe. As the name implies, I would love to be a writer but I can't get noticed. So, I decided to start blogging this novel call The Break. Anyway, one of the tools I use to hook readers is to send crazy emails to people that have made a career in TV, movies and publishing that also share an interest in writing and/or blogging. Guess what - your number came up - lucky you.

Anyway, I'm not writing to talk about me. Although I could go on and on - trust me. I am my favorite topic. But I know your not interested so let's talk about you. First off, ESPN sucks - you made the right move. Second, the only thing that sucks worse than ESPN is Bill O'Reilly. Can't stand that guy. Keep it up until he goes away, I beseech you.

Today must be your day. I'm letting you off with three paragraphs. Take the time to write me back and I might even start watching your show daily instead of whenever the clicked falls on the floor and it accidentally changes the station to MSNBC. By the way - what is up with CNN stealing you "Countdown" idea - jeez at least they coulda had the courtesy to change it a little.

Be cool,

Paul Gavin aka Rebeleyeball


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Caution: I'm seriously weird"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 PM) : 

I don't know how to tell you this, but Keith Olbermann has been back on ESPN Radio, appearing with Dan Patrick on his show, since last August.

Writing him an e-mail at this point in time trying to flatter him by telling him "ESPN sucks--you made the right move" might not be the best way to get him to answer you.

 

post a comment