“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, February 12, 2006

Survey Widget?

Maybe you saw the survey widget that was on the blog for a few days. I put it on he page as another reason to make my site more "sticky". Yeah well, I got rid of it. They put up this really obnoxious text box that messed up the formatting of the page to tell me that the site exceeded the daily views of the free use of their little widget. If I want to have more views I would have to pay.

Now don't get me wrong, as blatantly commercial as this site is, I don't want you to think that I expect to receive unlimited service for free. The thing that irritates me is that they choose to display their commercial in a way that disrupted the look of the site, which could possibly cost me readers. If you are going to offer a service for free and then post a message that the quota was exceeded, that's perfectly fine. But the error message should be in the same format as the widget.

You won't be seeing that widget on the page again. I'll have to find another way to keep readers on the site.


Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Survey Widget?"

 

post a comment