“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Sunday, February 12, 2006

Next part of my plan

My work needs exposure. Time to get on the talk show circuit. Think I'll try getting on Letterman. Here's what I wrote to Dave.

Hey Dave,

I wrote and published a book and well over a dozen people have read it. Don't miss out Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain. I also have a blog happenin' at Misadventures of a 42-year old writer wannabe" My fans are demanding that you have me on the show to talk about it.

Paul Gavin

PS - I grew up in Elkhart, IN and my sisters went to Ball State. Cut a fellow hoosier a break.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking of trying Oprah, but I have claimed my work to be fiction and some of it is true. I can just see how that interview would go.

Oprah
"So, Paul did you actually write an email to Mark Cuban.
Me
"Well, yes I did."
Oprah
"Didn't you say that you work was fiction."
Me
"Yes, yes I did."
Oprah
"So, when you said that it was fiction, that was a lie - right?"
Me
"Uh ... I ... guess ... I mean ..."
Oprah
"I'm stunned. I feel cheated."

You see where I going here? I just wouldn't want to open that can of worms.


Tags: , , ,
Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Next part of my plan"

 

post a comment