“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Discouragement

Sometimes it is very hard to keep focused on writing. I know that I have only been doing this for a month, but it sure seems like not much is happening. Is this not interesting? What am I doing wrong?

I have been looking up all the information on SEO, I have added Google adwords, spread out my blogs, I have sent emails announcing my efforts to everyone I know and I have attempted to gain attention from people that can help. What have I gotten in return? I have built a readership of several people, almost 800 page loads from 400 visitors and only 20 additional clicks and not one additional sale on my lulu.com web site.

Should I just give up? Is this even worth it? How long should I keep writing on this blog? If not now, when? How will I know if I've hung around too long? What do I do?


Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Discouragement"

 

post a comment