“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Friday, June 23, 2006

Seems like I am forgetting something

I keep having this nagging feeling that there is something that I am forgetting to do. Don't you just hate that feeling? Ever since I turned forty, I can’t seem to keep a thought in my head for more than three minutes and fourteen seconds. Since I have never been a “list person”, this can be very inconvenient. Like the time I showed up to play poker without stopping at the cash machine. Or when I was oncall and I left not one, but both my cell phones at home when I took off for the lake. No big deal, I only had 24 missed calls – oops!

For most of my life, I was blessed with a pretty amazing memory for the most bizarre and useless information you can possible imagine. Anyone beside me know who sang lead vocals on Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here” or Ministry’s “Jesus Built My Hotrod”? I’ll give you a hint: neither one was a member of the respective bands. Not that I expect anyone to have even heard of Ministry. Just in my twisted little mind, “Jesus Built My Hotrod” is one of the coolest names for a song I have ever heard. Don’t even get me started on numbers. I am so good at remember numbers that I can tell you that 288-5927 was my families phone number when we lived in Connecticut from 1967 until 1970. I’ll do the math for you – I was age 3 to 7. I can tell you every phone number I have had since then as well – even the twelve I had during my days as a Cougar!

That may all be well and good, but do think I have any idea where I put my car keys? Or how many pairs of sunglasses I have had to purchase because I leave them everywhere? Or remember that I scheduled a work meeting for 6:30 AM on a Monday morning? Try talking your way out of that one when you happily stroll in at 9:00 AM and be completely shocked that everyone is pissed at you. Or forgetting that tomorrow is Mother’s day? That’ll definitely leave a mark. And yet I continue to forget these things and it is only getting worse with age. What the heck?

Now I have this nagging feeling that I am forgetting something really big. Something that should be so easy to remember, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is. There aren’t any major holidays, anniversaries or birthdays coming up. I checked my Outlook and I haven’t scheduled any meetings at insane hours of the day. I can still remember all the lyrics of "Stairway to Heaven", "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Cowgirl in the Sand". What is it? Anyone help me out here. What am I forgetting? Oh yeah … that’s it! I haven’t posted a new chapter of The Break in over a month. I complete forgot that I am supposed to be blogging a book. Whoopsie! I'll get on that right now. Keep checking back. I should have another chapter up by Sunday night.


More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Comments on "Seems like I am forgetting something"

 

post a comment