“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rusty

It has been so long since I allowed my fingers to glide effortlessly above my keyboard, that I have forgotten much of what I have told you about my recent adventures. I know how much you all rely on my witty banter to get you through your day, that I fellt I simply had to take a moment to amuse, bemuse or down right confuse you.

Right now I find myself trapped in a parallel universe from which there seems to be no escape. It is ungodly hot and humid. The sun takes a heavy toll by incessantely burning down with the white hot intensity. Not even the shade provides any relief from the stickiness caused by gallons of water ingested through my pie hole only to ooze out of every pore - relentlessly. Some times it slows to beading a fine film over my entire body. But mostly, the sweat pours out of me in hot, salty steams. It blinds my eye and irrates my skin.

At night when you would expect relief from the merciless sun, out come the bugs. They exhibit a savagery unknown in modern times. Their only goal is to take my flesh, micro bite at a time. The itching causes the bit openings to expand only to be invaded by the gallons of sweat that continues to flow freely from my body in spite of the darkness.

OH MY GOD, I MUST BE IN HELL!!! Nope, it's just Florida... I gotta get my yankee ass has got to get home soon - real soon.
More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Rusty"

 

post a comment