“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stuck

I am completely unable to write. Things have been really weird lately and I have no desire to write about them. It must be because all the things that are going on are so personal that I really don't want to share them in an open forum.

Writing has always been very therapeutic for me, but for some reason the events in my life are just too intense for me to talk about. In the past, I have been able to write allegories to what my real feelings were without revealing the true issues. This is something that may take awhile to bubble to the surface.

Being me, I have been trying to use my best defense against stress which is humor. But instead of being non-threatening, it has come out very biting and cruel. It’s just not me. Maybe that's why I have been not able to write. There is no humor inside. It is as if I can't get in touch with the lighter side.

Not to worry, I am confident that I will recapture the magic soon. Please my whining and I promise I'll be back with a vengeance. I keep repeating the what my father use to tell me when times were tough - keep smiling, stay positive, never, ever quit and things will work out for the best eventually.
More stories from Paul Gavin.

Info on novels Paul Gavin's Storefront.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

IceRocket Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Stuck"

 

Blogger Shionge said ... (1:10 AM) : 

Hey, I hope you'll jump out this 'depression' soon and continue to strive and continue writing.

Yep! Stay positive always and remember, things happened for a reason. And the reason why you are feeling so down now could be just that you need to reflect on other aspect of your life right now instead.

Dun dwell on it.....everything will be fine :P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

What would be the worst that would happen if you just wrote about your issues without trying to disguise them? Maybe it's time???

 

post a comment