“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Thursday, February 23, 2006

Some pretty good news

This is pretty exciting for me. The blog just reached it's 1000th page load from 526 unique visitors. There were four reasons I started blogging.

First, I was interested in finding out what blogging was all about out natural curiosity. Second, I wanted to see how all this online marketing stuff worked. Third, I wanted to get exposure to my work. And lastly, I wanted to sell some of my books.

How have I done in five weeks? Well, I think I understand all the buzz about blogging. I love doing it. Rarely do I sit an watch TV any more. My laptop is always, well, on my lap.

Overall, I would say I have a pretty good idea how online advertising works. In the last five weeks, I learned more about advertising and marketing than I learned in my previous 20+ years in the business world.

As far as getting exposure check out the numbers and you can see that there has been a significant traffic increase.

                        Jan 18 to Feb 8 (21 days)   Feb 9 to Feb 23 (14 days)     Total
Page loads:               354                                    647                                  1001
Unique Visitors:       149                                    377                                    526
First Time Visitors:  135                                   345                                     480
Return Visitors:         14                                     32                                       46

In 14 days, there was almost twice the page loads and more than twice the repeat visitor traffic of the previous 21 days.

The one area I where I haven't made any progress is: I haven't sold any books. But I have had 25 new visitors to Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain. That may not sound like many, but in the last 2 1/2 years I only had 80. So, that is a big jump.

I think I have two problems with Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain. First, the title is too long. So, I am going to change the name to "Web Site".

Second, although personally I like the cover, it does not have a professional look. It looks like a self-published work. They say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I really think that is happening. Therefore, I have engaged a very talented graphic artist to create a new cover for me. I should have the final proofs back tomorrow. This weekend I will publish "Web Site" on lulu.com.

All of you that have already purchased a copy Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain will have quite a collectors item when "Web Site" hits it big. You'll be able to tell everyone, I read it when it was Progressing Rapidly Over Uneven Terrain.

In summary, it's pretty encouraging news. Hopefully, you are all enjoying my attempt to entertain you and you feel like a part of the experience. All y'all come back and bring your friends - the more the merrier!


Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "Some pretty good news"

 

Blogger Curious Servant said ... (8:01 PM) : 

Good luck!

I wish you great success!

 

post a comment